Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shattered Selena

She calls home from a distance
Just to find out her daddy’s drunk
Her mommy doesn’t sound good
Her lil sister is calling her name out
She cries and she cries…

But baby don’t you worry
My shattered Selena
You’re growing stronger than you ever imagined
You’re picking up the pace to make a living
I have my eyes on you

She walked along the empty street
Just to find a canister with left overs
She felt the hunger of her own stomach
But she gave it to the folk across the street
She cries and she cries…

And when she reached her doorstep
There standing with joy was her lil sister
She held her up like an angel filtered with pride
Her mommy watching from the kitchen

She is my baby, my baby Selena
She is the angel of a shattered, broken home
I am bleeding but she is my tourniquet
You’ve saved me since the day you were born

No comments: